Monday 20 June 2016

Day 2 – Saturday 17 June 2016 – Barongarook – Horsham

This morning’s view from my door – not quite what we had hoped – but hey – it was a free site with showers……  well a shower at mum’s since I realised that we had turned off the gas to the hot water service before we left last night.



Let me say – clearly Saturday is not an ideal day to require the services of a professional.  Although maybe it was the “professional” bit that was missing as it turns out.  It never ceases to amaze me how people advertise their availability all hours but then when you call them they treat you like you are asking them to work a week for free.

After attempting to contact Pedders first thing in the morning we decided to just head in and take our chances.  Sadly our chances were nil because they weren’t open.  Next port of call was the RACV crew which had been suggested by our “I have no idea” man the night before.  We were given the business card of their auto electrician to call direct.  His enthusiasm for a callout on a Saturday morning could barely be described as luke warm.  But he came.  $250 later our braking system, which apparently had died, was replaced and we were finally on our way – albeit at 11.30am.

So we’re off……..

Well – until we’re not……..

It’s clear before we reach Horsham that the brakes are now no longer working yet again.  We limp into Horsham and book into a van park and obtain the contact details of another auto electrician who agrees to come and visit us tomorrow morning to look at our issues.  In the meantime the fridge isn’t working when connected to 12 volt power, the rangehood had a moment and refused to work which meant the smoke detector constantly went off while cooking dinner, I’ve managed to slip and put my foot through a plastic grate under the bed, I broke the tap off one of the containers of water for the dogs, and snapped the handle off my grooming box with my dog grooming gear in it. 

Decided to go to bed very early so I didn’t break anything else…….  Tomorrow will be a new day yes???????

2 comments:

  1. sorry, I had a chuckle to myself as that's almost funny, we all have days like this.
    Gav

    ReplyDelete