Tuesday 21 June 2016

Day 5 – Tuesday 21 June 2016 – Port Augusta

Go north they said!  It’s warm they said!

10 degrees and rain – and if that isn’t bad enough it was 10 degrees/feels like 7 – just to add insult to injury. 

The rain started before sunrise and set in for the day.  Still – we had a day off driving which was much needed down time but the forecasts are not looking promising for the next week.  It seems we’ve brought the rain with us!  How clever was that????

The plan was to bath the dogs today but it was freezing cold and raining all day and frankly I was struggling to get in the shower fearing the cold on turning off the hot water so I couldn’t put the poor dogs through the experience either.

So we headed off in the warmth of the car to see the sights.  I’m sorry Port Augusta – but even on a sunny day I doubt you could manage a luke warm.  What a dismal place you are!  I’m not sure what I expected but for a largeish city there wasn’t much to write home (or blog) about.





So a bit of grocery shopping and a hot meal of homecooked lasagne and vegetables and we’re ready for bed and the next edition to the adventure.


The view from my door today – if I had a tree like this I would so fit a fairy door and windows there!




1 comment:

  1. The town might have been dull, but the scenery looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete