Wednesday 6 July 2016

Day 16 – Saturday 2 July 2016 – Alice Springs

To say my knee disapproved of dog showing would be an understatement so today was a designated rest day which was fine with me.  When the schedules were published for the shows at Alice Springs I was a little disappointed to see that two of the six judges were people I have known for many years and I had felt a little uncomfortable right from that moment about showing under them.  The opportunity to give them an entry, but not show, seemed perfect.  

So it was a well deserved sleep in, breakfast and a slow start to the day.

When we finally did get ourselves up and organised we took a drive out to West MacDonnell Ranges which were absolutely stunning but sadly the overcast and raining weather didn’t make for great photos.








Back to camp we came anticipating another barrage of fireworks that thankfully never eventuated except for a few random ones here and there around the township.

The dog show was just finishing up when we got back so it was lovely to drop by the ringside and say hello to Shellie & Darren.  These are two people I have had a strong connection with over the years and whose company I enjoy a great deal.  I did have the opportunity to join them for a couple of drinks after dinner and enjoyed sharing a few stories and lots of laughs.  It did reinforce that I feel sadly disconnected in a way from some lovely people who I miss seeing at the shows, although I would have to say I wouldn’t want to go back to showing every week of my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment